PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with my error code! P0121!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my error code! P0121!!

I have an 01 camaro z28, with the mods in my sig. Well anyways had the cam and some other stuff installed about a year ago. Car was tuned by someone I know and ran great. A couple months ago the transmission started acting funny every once in a blue moon, and the ses light came on. So I took it to autozone and they scanned it and It said I was having some shift solenoid problems. Well I was low on cash at the time, and since the problem happened rarely I thought I would wait to have it fixed. Well this week I noticed the car was still not only having occasional problems shifting down to first and up to fourth, but it was also feeling sluggish. So today I took it back to autozone and had it rescanned and again it showed me a shift solenoid stuck, and the code p0121 also came up. They told me it was a tps problem. I had them clear the codes as I am taking the car up to rpm transmissions this week, and now the car is running much stronger! So my question is, is the p0121 code causing my car to run poorly when it pops up? And how do you fix this code, as I hear it's popular in cammed cars. Is it all in the tune, or is it a physical problem with the tps?
Old 07-17-2010, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Help!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

anyone? thinking i just need to get a better tune? or is this a mechanical issue?
Old 09-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Hey man did you ever get this problem solved? I'm having the same issues. Got the SES light and my ASR light came on too and I popped a P0121 as well. Car is running very rough in idle and when I accelerate the car is VERY sluggish and like a light switch goes. Does it in various throttle ranges.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I was having trouble with my trans randomly shifting out early but I did not get any codes. I did some research and I think it is related to this situation (throttle body).I went into Hp Tuners and disabled the tps error in engine diag. Set min to 0 and max to 100.Do a seaech on HP Tuners site and you can get a better explanation.This drove me crazy all summer and I hope I finally got it .Car would run 12.02 then shift early and run 12.80/

Quick Reply: Help with my error code! P0121!!