PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desperately need E38 TCM wiring Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok no worries.... if you have a tune from a car that is ignoring the ISS Hp tuners can flash it in , but the calibrations that need changing arent visible in HP tuners , only EFILive at this stage.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Doubledip
Ok no worries.... if you have a tune from a car that is ignoring the ISS Hp tuners can flash it in , but the calibrations that need changing arent visible in HP tuners , only EFILive at this stage.
Doubledip, Markeheiden, sorry for bringing this old post back up, but I've been anxiously awaiting your results/solution since I have the same problem.

62 Corvette/LS3/4l65e (with no ISS)/E38/T42. TCC works fine for a few miles then unlocks and gives P0741.

Markheiden, was your tuner able to solve the problem?

Doubledip, I have EFI Live, Is there a T42 tune that you know of that will ignore the lack of an ISS? I'm about to the point of pulling the trans and having an ISS put in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gary
Old 11-13-2010, 03:00 AM
Staging Lane

Vette5797 PM sent.
For the rest of you that may be following this post

Chris Bland of CBM motorsports in Rancho Cucamonga CA helped with my issues. First, he has a program for the T42 that works without an ISS in the trans.

Also, if you try to use an aftermarket VSS that plugs into the speedo output for the signal into your T42 forget it. It ABSOLUTELY can not work. The T42 needs more pulses per revolution than these plug in VSS units can provide.

This is apparently not the case with older (pre-2007) trans modules or ECM's since I have read about these units working on other peoples' builds, but don't even try it with a 2007-up TCM.

Last edited by markeheiden; 11-13-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Desperately need E38 TCM wiring Help!