Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help wanted!

I have a strange issue thats been going on for 5 years now. When driving the car around and i shift into 3rd gear as soon as i'm letting the clutch out (to where it starts engaging) it feels like I turned the key off and back on real quick. Like someone has a switch controlling my spark and quickly flips it back and forth. I have some sophisticated diagnostic capabilities with my scanner, but have never been able to capture anything. This "problem" happens on average once a week. Sometimes it goes a month maybe 6 weeks before doing it again. Its always 3rd gear though. never 4th or 2nd. I can't drive indefinately with a scanner hooked up - what would be my next step? I've checked all grounds (voltage drop testing) to block. pcm ,etc...
Has anyone ever heard of or had this issue? I don't feel like its a mechanical issue.. It doesnt feel like a bog or a stumble, it feels like ignition or injection is straight up cutting off all together for like .25 to .5 seconds. Never do any dummy lights flash, no glitching of gauges, or lights.
Also, it has never done it when driving the car hard. Like I said it has done it when it was stock and has done it thru every mod I've made.
Anybody have any ideas?? My only thoughts are a pcm problem .....
Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

bueller.......bueller.....ferris bueller..
anybody?
Old 08-21-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Have you tried to duplicate the problem w/ the car on jack stands??
Old 08-25-2010, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

No i haven't tried that.. What exactly would having the car on jack stands do for me?
Old 08-28-2010, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

I've been driving around with my scanner for 2 days and I have noticed an issue with one pid - total ignition timing. Only in 3rd gear, the igntion timing will drop to 0 degrees for a split second. All other gear changes the timing doesn't go close to zero. Could this be my issue? It seems coincidental that this timing drops engaging 3rd gear and thats where I occasionally notice my "glitch". What would cause the timing to drop to zero while driving (excluding knock sensor)?? Also, there is no knock detection on the scanner when it does this. Thanks for any input..
Old 08-28-2010, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Here is a picture view of the scanner when it hit 0 degrees. I threw in a pic of rpm and tps on second picture. ??? I'm lost.
Attached Thumbnails Help wanted!-img00020-20100828-1714.jpg   Help wanted!-img00022-20100828-1716.jpg