Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine vibration/misfire

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine vibration/misfire

2002 camaro ss a4 81,000miles. completely stock.

i hope i'm in the right section..
i bought this car with all the current problems, this one i'm trying to work out is the engine vibrates pretty hard like a misfire. the ses light pops up while on my way to the exhaust shop and reads secondary air injection system malfunction. on the way home the ses flashes. at a stop light slowly dies, but cranks right back up.

i replace plugs and wires, the autolite extream performace plugs on the drivers bank was black(all 4). pass bank normal wear. i'm guessing i have a bad o2 on the drivers side?

after hooking the batt back up and starting the car it seemed to really run good. air pump is pulling air. smooth idle and revs smooth. after a min or so the engine starts to vibrate again. so in open loop it runs fine, but when the o2's take over it runs like poo.. this is my guess.. i understand running rich, but why misfire?

i want a mail order tune thinking that maybe the o2's, and air pump can be turned off. and thus solving my problems!! but i do plan on selling the car.. so might be best to solve the problem right.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a real tune
Old 10-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Teching In

do you know what codes were set? Does sound like the o2s, but might not be the sensors. Have you checked the wiring? Is everything in your AIR system working properly? In my opinion autolites are crap, they belong in lawn mowers, regardless, i doubt that's the problem. It seems to be less likely, but i would also check the pulse width on the injectors while in closed loop.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Launching!

thanks for the replys. i've been working in tx, when i get home i hope to get back working on it. it's not my daily. but i hope to figure this problem out. 02's are first on my list