Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning questions..

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default tuning questions..

I know how good both EFI Live and HPT are. But after you install ported heads, a cam, a stall, headers, and a catback does the Real Time Tuning from HPT help you dial in idle? I know how time consuming and tricky it is to get the idle just about perfect in A4 cars. I also liked the EFI Live demo that you can download. I was shocked at all the things you can change. I imagine HPT is the same. But i basically just want to know which program makes it the easiest to get the idle good in a A4 with Vig3200 stall, and probably the Comp 218/224 .527/.535 114lsa cam? I know from tuning my WS6 A4 back in 2003 and using LS1-Edit (apply laugh here..lol) once i got the idle to where it didn't surge or hunt for idle at 850 rpm for a Comp. 216/220 114lsa cam tuning
on the highway cruising at 60mph so i could get the LTFT's as close to zero.
I got it where it went from +1 to -1 even -2, but it zeroed out once you hit the gas alittle and set the converter lockup point. And tuning for WOT was very easy even though LS1 Edit didn't have too many options back in the day.
I just wanted to know how easy either programs helps to get the idle
tuned in the easiest. Thanks. I like both programs, choices
Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RTT is definitely a huge help when dialing in idle and is also used for maf & SD tuning(particularly useful on a load bearing dyno).

-Bill