Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 edit mistake

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls1 edit mistake

When programming the pcm, I got a popup about battery voltage falling below 11volts durring programming.

I dont know if its a loose tranny mount or what, but when the car is running I cant change gears, and if I start the car in 1st, even with the clutch engaged the car moves everytime the starter turns over and it drives even with the clutch engaged. This happened after the program.

Last weekend I lost 2nd gear again but all other gears were fine.

If the ENGINE is off I can engage any gear but if I start the car the shifter locks up.

Also now when I try to program the pcm it keeps saying check the com port... but it still programs.

The engine runs fine and seems to be tuned. I was able to get it to go by cranking it and turning off the traction control? WTF?

Anyone help?
Old 01-31-2004, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you may have to have your PCM re-flashed at the dealer. Please, somebody else jump in on this one. I am a NOVICE at LS1Edit.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:09 AM
11 Second Club

thats not an edit problem. edit controls nothing in a t56 except CAGS.

i had a crx that would move even with the clutch engaged and it was the tranny being all fukked up tht caused it.

the low voltage can be fixed by hooking up a charger to your car while you are downloading a tune. if its looking for a com port, then somewhere there is a conflict on your laptop. are you using a usb to serial adapter or straight to serial in the back of the laptop?
Old 01-31-2004, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

. Your clutch is screwed up and dragging. That's why you can't shift with the motor running, and why it moves while cranking. LS1Edit didn't and cannot cause those problems Charge your battery -- low voltage is the #1 cause of PCM failures while programming If you have to, get one of those "battery tender" chargers to hook up while programming. Make sure all your accessories are shut off - lights, radio, A/C, door is closed, etc.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The lights were on and that did cause the massive voltage drop. I hope others learn from my mistake.

Can a clutch just go under easy honda accord style driving? I mean I was not going over 50 mph and no downshifting or anything just cruising.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

anything is possible. but something is wrong with it for sure.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

did you check your master cylinder fluid level? do you have a low pedal ie: resistance is closer to the floor than usual? has your tranny ever been out? if so, do you have a heavy clutch in it? did you ever hear a "pop" when you pushed in the clutch? the input shaft could be scored preventing the throwout bearing from moving sufficiently to disengage the clutch. your fork could also be bent.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well we did not get it pulled yet but I went out and tried again today and it worked perfectly just as it should no problems on a 20 minute run with downshifting and all. Just like it never had a problem. I cut the car off and tried again and it wont go into any gears.

Texas T. Where is the master cylinder fluid located?
I dont have a low pedal.
There was and is no pop.
I have a spec stage 3 clutch and flywheel... I love that thing.
It really does seem to be mechanical for sure now.I have the 01 slave installed and the drill mod. Its been that way for over 20k now. Should I get a mcleod adj master cyl and try that while I am working on the tranny.

What else changes when the car is running in the tranny? I mean I can have the car switched on... then hit all gears, I turn on the engine and there goes the problem. I cut the engine and I can hit the gears.