Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST intake problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 06:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FAST intake problems?

Well my FAST intake came today and my friend said he read somewhere that a guy blew his motor up because he was running the setup untuned, said the mixture was to lien. I told my friend that the guy probably put the injectors on wrong but to be safe I had to post something up.

I have to go back to the tuner anyway to finish my tune because of problems last time I was their but I already have the ls6 intake off to change out a coolant crossover gasket and was just going to put the FAST back on but now I am debating on if I should just wait until I get back to the dyno.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ehh hard to believe the intake manifold made it go lean enough to kill the motor. My guess is there was already a lean condition and the intake didnt help. You will be fine to swap it out and drive it under normal conditions until its tuned.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Regular

Yea thats what I figured
Old 12-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Having a different intake will not cause the engine to go lean unless there is a fuel supply problem. You MAF lets your engine know that more air is coming into the cylinders and will adjust fuel as needed. I have been running a FAST intake and PRC 2.5 ported heads untuned for awhile now without any issues. I do have a wideband and have made plenty of WOT passes with it. You will be fine.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your MAF and O2 sensors should be able to adjust for a FAST intake, but I would get it re-tuned to make it right on. A new intake should not cause an engine problem, unless you had a huge vacuum leak and it went real lean. That would blow a motor.