Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

multiple codes:one wire in common;please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default multiple codes:one wire in common;please help

my sons 01 ls1 a-4 has set codes:po 443,449,740,and 785. I looked at a schemematic and found one wire in common for all these codes.purge valve vent valve C fault, EVAP vent valve sol. malf. ,TCC circuit malf. and shift timing sol. Is this just a coincedence or am i on to something? i don't know where to start. Any suggestions? I'm lost. Do i start chasin wires and where the heck is the evap purge and vent valves? need help
Old 12-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

someone? anyone? suggestions, opinions. help me out guys. I know there are some really smart guys out there...help a man out here
Old 12-05-2010, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

trace the wires back on the schematic to the point that that wire comes from and see where it is you are losing this power. its obviously before the splices in the wire as all of them have lost power. check right at the pcm if possible to see if maybe it is a pcm problem. check all grounds etc to the pcm and if you have access to a scantool you could try to open the evap purge and vent with the scanner to see if the circuits are good. not sure on the ls1 where the evap purge and vent valve are (im a 5.3 truck guy) but the purge will be either on the intake or close to it with a vacuum line running to it. the valve valve will most likely be down by the fuel tank attached to it or to the frame etc. again with vacuum hoses running to it. hope any of this helps.... Its either a power a ground common to all of them so should not be AS hard to find.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

yea thats kinda the direction i was headed. just didnt know if i was over thinking it. im an electrician, so this was my thinking, but i didn't know if this was maybe missing something (mechanically speaking). thought maybe one of these parts might be causing all my codes. i appreciate your time. if anyone else has input, please chime in. I'll be chasing wires in the mean time
Old 12-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

i really dont know that ive actually lost power to these components or just blipped enough to set codes,
Old 12-10-2010, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

would say its a ground because that would probably be the common link to all of these, doesnt sound mechanical because none of the codes really have anything in common, pretty sure that tcc malfunction wouldnt set a code for evap vent and purge. But im just a 3rd year apprentice mech. up here in canada. Hope you got it figured out..