Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning a 93 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning a 93 Z28

Hey guys, my friend has a 93 z28, and we've looked into tuning it ourselves a bit, but I'm not totally sure what I need. I asked on a tuning forum and the guy told me a few parts to buy if we were going to do it with our computer. I'm just curious what's the best way to go about it ourselves, and if anyone can post a link to a good guide or something that would be really helpful too. Thanks.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/do_tc.html

Thirdgen.org is a goodforum for chiptuning :

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/diy-prom/

TunerPro is another option. Lots of reading at the 3rd gen board
Old 12-26-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

If you have never tuned anything you have a lot to learn. It takes a long time reading threw the forums trying to figure it all out. Fullsizechevy.com has a good sticky in the performance section thats geared towards TBI tuning. But, the basics are there. Thirdgen.org is a good site and has a lot of info on ODB1 tuning. The 93 camaros have a prom still so you will need a chip burner. Go to Moates.net they have all you need to get up and going. I have a moates Autoprom and use it for chip burning, dataloging, and can even be used to falsh the 94-95 Camaro and Vette ecm. Moates also has a file upload page with all the files you will need to get up and running with Tunerpro.

Tunerpro works great and works with all of Moates stuff.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 96lt4c4
If you have never tuned anything you have a lot to learn. It takes a long time reading threw the forums trying to figure it all out. Fullsizechevy.com has a good sticky in the performance section thats geared towards TBI tuning. But, the basics are there. Thirdgen.org is a good site and has a lot of info on ODB1 tuning. The 93 camaros have a prom still so you will need a chip burner. Go to Moates.net they have all you need to get up and going. I have a moates Autoprom and use it for chip burning, dataloging, and can even be used to falsh the 94-95 Camaro and Vette ecm. Moates also has a file upload page with all the files you will need to get up and running with Tunerpro.

Tunerpro works great and works with all of Moates stuff.
I have tuned a lot of ODB1 cars and am just now getting into the ODB2 stuff. I just got HPTuners for my 99 SS

Quick Reply: Tuning a 93 Z28