PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tune rechecked, still maf code. ecm bad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tune rechecked, still maf code. ecm bad?

ok i resent ecm back had it double checked said it was the car issue not tune! car idles same with or without maf no change. checked wiring o2 sensors replaced battery, car set for while during all this so replaced it. for life of me i cant get it to idle worth crap throws p0103 code every start. begining to wonder if the ecm took dump on me.. i tried diff maf sensor too. already had to put new plugs in it fouled out already. when i tried to view the live data on it with hp it showed no ve tables ??what am i missing here car has sit for 6 months i cant seem to get this thing goin
Old 01-05-2011, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

0103 is MAF HIGH freq; it's not wiring (it shouldn't be)... If you have a SD tune this is normal to be set. If not, well, the code means the car is running in SD.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thanks

hey frost the car is not suppose to be in sd. even if it was it should quote should run better than it does car is not drivable. i let a friend talk me into sending to his tuner, big mistake!! tuner supposedly never does sd so i would think its not there but. anyway im in process of gettin a ecm from friend to try if its the ecm it will be boxed and at ur door step soon thanks again!!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give your guy a fair chance to make good. I SUPPOSE it's possible that a MAF fails and puts out some high freq, but I've never seen or heard of it. Borrowing a buddy's MAF could rune that out. The code definitely means that the car is in SD though whether intentional or not. Maybe the MAF fail freq was inadvertently set low.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

More than likely you can find the problem quickly with scanning the sensors.It's eaither a bad part somewhere or the tune. I'd go with bad part.