Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security Kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security Kill switch

Recently I've been getting the "no-go" on starting the car; I turn the key to ignition, and the PASSKey system activates, killing the starter circuit and the fuel pump. That annoying "SECURITY" light comes on, and I have to sit there for about 3 minutes until the system resets itself. Thought I might have a bad resistor in the iginition key, so went and bought a new one. Nope, same thing happens!!
Anybody have any idea what might be wrong? I just had a custom tune put in, but we didn't go anywhere near the security functions.
Any help would be appreciated, this is getting old quick!
Old 02-11-2004, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

Did they use LS1 Edit? If so, bring the car back and have them disable the Passkey crap, it's in LS1 Edit. I removed mine, and no problems.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:27 PM
wrencher

Yea a tuning program can remove this for you.
Other than that the lock cylinder VATS pellet reading contacts, the small 20 gauge wire breaks or begins to & causes these type problems.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

If that doesn't fix it you can also bypass the VATS physical interlock by grounding the appropriate wire on the BCM.

On the 00 cars I believe it is the dark blue wire on the BCM bundle, but check that before you just ground it.

Good Luck
Old 02-13-2004, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

If that doesn't fix it you can also bypass the VATS physical interlock by grounding the appropriate wire on the BCM.

On the 00 cars I believe it is the dark blue wire on the BCM bundle, but check that before you just ground it.

HUH? Got the concept, just have no idea where to locate it.. send me a link or info, pictures, then I can do it..thanks for the help!!