PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help when the time comes for tuning.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help when the time comes for tuning.

Hey guys, I'm finishing up my head and cam install in the next couple days along with a dyno tune. I'm estimated to be around 430 to 450hp. I also want to spray some nitrous on top of this. What are the most important things to look at when tuning my car for this power level including nitrous? I need to make sure my tune is dead on to prevent any problems.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Take Your Time

Enjoy the car for awhile before you put nitrous on it and burn it up. Get the tune dialed in and see if this is enough fun, and if the performance does not suit you then do whatever you feel you have to. You will get burnt out spending the money to keep filling up the nitrous bottle when you can get enough performance to break your car into pieces without it.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Greekey
Hey guys, I'm finishing up my head and cam install in the next couple days along with a dyno tune. I'm estimated to be around 430 to 450hp. I also want to spray some nitrous on top of this. What are the most important things to look at when tuning my car for this power level including nitrous? I need to make sure my tune is dead on to prevent any problems.
Just make sure that the tuner you are bringing it to is experienced in LS tuning. Keep that AFR in check and nitrous will be fine.