Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How should I go about this....

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How should I go about this....

just threw the p0135 code....oxygen sensor heater defective. I don't see the fuse for this in the driver side fuse boxes. My question to you is, will the 02 Sims fix this problem, or must the heater (or entire o2 sensor) be replaced OEM. I just got a new clutch put in, and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it. thanks for your input.

---ive done searches but could not find the answer i was looking for---
Old 02-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

Default Verify O2 Sensor is Still Connected

You very well may have pinched the wiring or cut one of the wires to the sensor during the clutch install process. Make certain that all wires are not cut or shorting out against the engine or body. I had this happen when they changed an oil filter once and cut one of the wires when they screwed the new oil filter on. After that make sure the plug is connected well. If all connections are good and no cut or damaged wires, then just replace the O2 sensor. You will find the current GM sensors are far superior to the ones that came with the older LS1 equipped cars. For this reason, if you have sensors that are several years old, and you will be replacing one, then I would replace both of them. Best deals are available on line. Here are the part numbers for each sensor if you have an FBody - please confirm with parts house for your specific year car.

Front oxygen sensors - LS1 F-Body

Passenger Side
ACD# AFS97
GM# 25312196

Driver Side
ACD# AFS98
GM# 19178928
Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Default There is no fuse for this.

And the heater is integral to the sensor; replacing sensor is required if the heating element has actually gone bad.