Sponsored by:

Is HP Tuners right for me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 01:21 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Is HP Tuners right for me?

Hello everyone, I am thinking that HP Tuners is all that I will ever need but wanted to be sure before I throw down the cash. This product will be used privately on my vehicles, by myself, and in my case the cost of paying to have the tuning done by someone else outweighs the cost of the Tuner suite by a significant margin.

Here is what I am looking for it to do:

- Remove the theft lock, EGR, post catalyst HO2S, etc. from the VCM of a 2000 Silverado (6.0 & 4L80E) for transplant into a G-body and adjust the engine and transmission parameters to include tuning for up to 15 lbs of boost or NOS.

- Tuning for up to 10 lbs of boost on an 04 CTS-V

- Tuning for a 2003 Silverado 5.3, possible Turbo up to 10 PSI

- Adjust BCM and gauge functions

- I also have a 93 Corvette (LT1) that needs tuning software as well, if the product will support this

I have searched quite a bit, just as anyone would who is about to spend $700 on a system would, but have not found any concrete answers. I have a feeling that almost everything is covered by HP but would like confirmation on this by someone that has used the product. I have a hard time believing salesman and websites.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Non of the commercial suites support BCM editing. Likewise, none of these OBDII tuning suites will tune your 93 OBDI setup in it's OEM form.

You are good for the rest of the items though!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hp tuners is right for you. for the swap alone. the cadi and silvi will be a bonus. 4 credits to tune each with custom os i.e. 2bar.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your 93 isn't a flash upgradeable ECM, to tune it you'd need a chip burner and software along the lines of Tuner Cat OBD1