Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help/advice please

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help/advice please

My tuner can't get to me until Thursday so I'm trying to work something out where my car is aleast drivable until then any help would be awesome thanks! And no I don't have a scan tool or tuning software.

Here's whats happening maybe someone can help me out.

I have the "cruise control" effect so I backed the TB screw down and reset the TPS. Well once i get the screw backed down enough to stop the CCE the car wont start up unless i hold the pedal down and rev it a few times and also wants to try and die coming to stops at lights and such. But then if I adjust the screw back up to where it idles fine cold and warm I get the CC effect back and most of the time in a bad way. And yes anytime I mess with the screw I go ahead and reset the TPS. None of this was happening until my MAP sensor went bad and then it started acting like this so I replaced it with a brand new one right from the local GM dealer and now it's been doing this ever since.

I've also ruled out all the other things I thought might cause it by replacing the IAC, cleaning and inspecting the MAF and IAT and having my tuner tweak with it almost everyday and it still just keeps acting this way.

It will drive fine for maybe a few minutes or even an hour but after that it's like it learns to just drive like that again. Also at the stop lights if it doesnt die it will drop the idle down to like 400-500 and stutter around but if I shift into N then back into D the idle stays right at around 800-900.

I'm just so confused....

Any help? Car is an A4 btw and mods are in sig.