Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Mail In Order Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TSP Mail In Order Tune?

Has anybody done this before? How hard is it to pull the pcm off and send it in? I was going to take it to a local person that does tuning and have them tune my car for $200, but i noticed that TSP has a mail in order tune for $225. It says free upgrades for one year. Does that mean that if i were to do another mod like heads/cam or intake stall etc they would tune the pcm for free again if i pay shipping? Do you guys think its worth it? Truth is i dont know if i can trust the guy here...

what do you guys think? Those that have done it were you happy with your MIO Tune from texas speed?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Unless this local guy of yours is a complete newb to tuning LSx engines, I would take it to someone in person over a mail order. At least you have somewhere to go if you have problems etc. Also, is this local person going to tune it on the dyno or just flash a canned tune and have you on your way?

For those mods, I would take it to someone that knows LSx engines and can do at least a street tune with a wideband, if not a dyno tune with a wideband. Don't cheapen out on the tune, it's the differnce between your car running like crap and being an animal. Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of people satisfied with mail order tunes, but they're not perfect and for the money spent it's kinda pointless. I would rather pay a little more and know I have something safe and perfect than pay a little less for a complete crapshoot of a tune.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 agree, Local in person tuning IMO is better. Hopefully he will also use a wideband. Check out his reputation. Website? other local guys that used him. 200 is a pretty good price for a inperson tune.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Due to the fact that there isnt really a good tuner close to me with a dyno and I can trust I have a TSP mail order tune in mine. Mods are in sig and times. I like it, it probably has alot left on the table but for the money it gets the job done.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually we are pretty close with the tunes. Every now and then, they need some adjusting but I would say the vast majority of the time they are within a handful of what you will see powerwise from a dyno tune. If it is off a bit, that is why we offer free retunes. If you add something to the car mod wise, that is covered too for a year. We've dyno'd just about every cam, every head, etc. and we have a pretty good handle on what they are going to need.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks!
Jon
Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
Usually we are pretty close with the tunes. Every now and then, they need some adjusting but I would say the vast majority of the time they are within a handful of what you will see powerwise from a dyno tune. If it is off a bit, that is why we offer free retunes. If you add something to the car mod wise, that is covered too for a year. We've dyno'd just about every cam, every head, etc. and we have a pretty good handle on what they are going to need.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks!
Jon
/\ /\

Im sure they have alot of good employees at TSP, but give that guy that just chimed in a call and talk to him. I have been a customer of theirs for 5yrs or so now and I have enjoyed all experiences.

Quick Reply: TSP Mail In Order Tune?