Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift table issues with 4.10s

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Shift table issues with 4.10s

Everysince my trans am was tuned and calibrated for 4.10 gears it has never shifted right, in fact it wont even shift at all at WOT. I have Jet dynamic spectrum software. I just got the engine back in with a 3500 vigilante converter. If anyone has any insight of what table i need to start with i would greatly appriciate it. I havent even done a read on my ecm in the TA. I am familiar with the tables on my 99 S10 but i never made any changes other than tire size, just kinda browsed through them.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to make sure that the correct gear size and tire size are in the calibration. You may also need to move the limiter up a few hundred RPM's.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
You need to make sure that the correct gear size and tire size are in the calibration. You may also need to move the limiter up a few hundred RPM's.
I just knock off 12 MPH to the upshifts in performance shift mode and it shifts at 6700 now. So now im getting somewhere. Rev limiter is at 7k.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this a 97?

I know in the LS cars that both speed and RPM have to be achieved in order for the PCM to calculate the shift.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
Is this a 97?

I know in the LS cars that both speed and RPM have to be achieved in order for the PCM to calculate the shift.
Yes it is a 97. After knocking the 12mph off of it, its not responding to a lower speed when i put it in. There must be a rpm table im missing. It does seem to be shifting decently around 6700 which is ok for my combo but its hard for me to tell when i cant hold it at wot long because its so rich it wants to pop and miss in the higher revs. Im going on the dyno with it tonite to try to get a decent tune in it. Right now its a mail order tune from soloman. It just seems very rich. Seems to have a bad flutter during cruise when the converter decides it wants to lock up, which is hit and miss. I cant seem to get that straightened out yet, but the motor just got put in this weekend, so i havent had to much time to figure it out. The converter is a vigilante 3500. I would apprieciate any insight on that.