Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking at making my own harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at making my own harness

im looking at making my own engine harness for my car because i want my turbo setup to be perfect and clean looking, and ill be relocating my pcm in my car and moving my coils, and id like to get rid of the extra harness laying around from my emissions ect. plus im gonna swap a 99+pcm in my 98 so im gonna sell my 98 harness and build my own i got a good amount of experience with this stuff. its just gotta look good!!!!

so my question is does anyone know a good place where i can get all the connectors to my ls1 for cheap? ive done some searching but 15-25 a pigtail seems to be about the cheapest i can find
Old 03-28-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Its going to take lots of work to track down the connectors and terminals yourself using a site such as Mouser.com but it can be done. Contact one of the harness suppliers and tell them what your doing, maybe they can sell you all the supplies with everything unterminated. It still takes some patience with layout and crimping. You can also measure everything out and have Speartech etc make everything to the lengths you need.