Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edit wont hold changes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default edit wont hold changes?

I just changed cams so I removed hypp in favor of EDIT, but changes don't remain even though I hit apply changes button. The next time I pull up the file it shows differant settings. WTF?
Old 02-18-2004, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Before you close Edit, are you doing a File - Save As and picking a new file name or even the same file name. I find it's better to always save the file with a new name any time a change is made.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have several files,readings:base, hypp 87 Oct, hypp 93 oct. I need to adjust
one of them to meet new demands,higher shift and limiter settings,and idle settings.
Do you have to set speed and rpm at shift points?How do you calculate exactly? I set shift points and limiter hit apply changes, after file has been closed the next time it's opened the files are backto previous settings.
41mph.76mph.128mph become 36mph,70mph,114mph ??? limiter 6500 rpms
becomes 6200 again???
Old 02-18-2004, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Once again, after you apply changes, you have to click on File up at the top, then Save As and save the file with the applied changes. Applying the changes just modifies the file that is open. Are you doing the 'File - Save As' step.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Once again, after you apply changes, you have to click on File up at the top, then Save As and save the file with the applied changes. Applying the changes just modifies the file that is open. Are you doing the 'File - Save As' step.
OK save as function worked, But now truck dies when placed in gear,even with foot on throttle,the only changes I think I made where,shift points,rev limiter, speed-o,and 1.1x idle across the board.
Reinstalled hypp tune to drive to work,I'd leave it if I could get 300 more rpm's.

retried with idle position at stock setting...still dies.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Remember, working with a PCM editor IS LIKE BRAIN SURGERY! If you don't want a drooling lobotomy as a resulting patient, maybe you need to consider a form of Automotive Med School? This is NOT a place to "learn by doing"!

Something to consider, and remember, you can do permament damage to the entire car, not just the PCM - just like an epeleptic can break thier bones by seizing, all because of small brain problems...

Last edited by emarkay; 02-20-2004 at 09:33 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-21-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emarkay
Remember, working with a PCM editor IS LIKE BRAIN SURGERY! If you don't want a drooling lobotomy as a resulting patient, maybe you need to consider a form of Automotive Med School? This is NOT a place to "learn by doing"!

Something to consider, and remember, you can do permament damage to the entire car, not just the PCM - just like an epeleptic can break thier bones by seizing, all because of small brain problems...

So far my learn by doing has worked pretty good.I'm not looking for big results through Edit just small peramiter movements. My problems for the most part are cumputer control problems, at the keyboard.
Thanks 2xLS1 I got it the second time.
The automotive med school is a good idea, also a quick computer coarse helped. Truck is running good now but fine tunning will require study and assistance. I thought this was automotive med school,If you aint the professor please be seated

Last edited by TnTrk53; 02-21-2004 at 08:27 PM. Reason: addition