Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech Hacked !

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 08:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emarkay
Why don't you just Ease on down the road and leave the serious professionals alone?
c'mon now guys.. Ease up on the guy.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

You 3 stooges - your personal views and useless attacks has nothing to do with this thread at all. Your so biased you cannot get passed anything anyone posts thats does not meet your experience and your only response is to attack others for their not sucking up to your viewpoints or vendors you market.

Clearly you did not want it to be public that hypertech was robbed but for others its news that we need to know for at the price of $8,000 to $10,000 for a pro version of a tuning product customers would like to know if they are buying a legal product or not.

Your seeing it solely on a personal level attacking the messenger but when I posted it was strickly news and was not pointed or accusing anyone in mind.
I posted it in the right section and it was NOT entered in someone elses ongoing thread nor do I know what vendors it effects for I have a tuning product for some years now and do not keep up with new ones out there.

As to Eric, I hope you have contacted hypertech and gave them the info you have known since Jan 1st for I would assume they or others in tracking down the bums are reading forums like this and you just gave them more info they will want.

What is bullshit is those who attempt to dictate what other's content will be and what products they better use but I find it interesting that some have more of an interest in cornholing me rather then those that robbed hypertech
Old 02-21-2004, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Team ZR-1
Clearly you did not want it to be public that hypertech was robbed but for others its news that we need to know for at the price of $8,000 to $10,000 for a pro version of a tuning product customers would like to know if they are buying a legal product or not.
Perhaps the post was made in a simple effort in providing information. And if so, it's good information. However, us "stooges" have good reason to suspect anything fishy when you make a post such as this, given your past history on this board..
Old 02-21-2004, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

This does make it look bad on all of us interested in tuning our cars for best performance.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it makes you look bad, not me.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Teching In

"Moe, Larry, the cheese! Woo Woo Woo!"
"Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk"

As for theft of IP, that's a criminal issue to be handled by LEO's and the courts. If I had information to assist in proscecuting the offendors I would immediately offer it to the appropriate authorities. Other than that it's really a non-issue here.

My issue is the credibility gap here, and it's almost funny that not only is the foot in the mouth, but it's been shot a few times. It's not a personal attack, it's just that there's no point in "attitude", and continued attempts at drawing attention to your cause only makes it even more pathetic.
For example, no one is telling anyone what tools to use, I/we are only offering facts regarding them and the data they present.

As for me, anyone that needs further conformation of information I offer can ask me to show them the sources, and I do, ASAP. Especially when dealing with technical information, I only speak referenced facts, not "viewpoints" (if I do, it's "IMHO'd"...).

Furthermore, I have nothing to do with product marketing ("vendors you market") - try research and development, quality assurance, user interface design, documentation, test and calibration and customer service.... And that's only what I do for fun!

Dude, I wonder if ya' are unbanned at "new improved" LS1.aag.... You'd prob find a few customers over there. Why don't you go over there and play and leave us "stooges" alone.... pretty please.

MRK

BTW, Larry and Moe, Curly and Shemp (and even Curly Joe) are still waiting for the information on the PCM "Bad Gas Bit", and the details on the "knock too long" PID...

OK, That's enough sillyness for now.

Last edited by emarkay; 02-21-2004 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Restricted User

Thanks for the news about HPP Files being captured, didnt hear about it, not that it matters to me, but always nice to hear about the Big Corp in America getting screwed. Sometimes news like this makes the **** in my life seems so much more insignificant. Now, if someone would only find a way to rid the world of terrorist and evildoer's so I can stay at home more rather than deploy.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this was just going to happen sooner or later. it is just the way the automotive market evolves. it is crooked but it works.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

I have no information that Hypertech doesnt already have. As for Jan 1, there has been a notice on their website since that very week.

Posting news is one thing, but your editorial opinion is what I'm attacking.

For what its worth, I am not affiliated with any company making automotive products.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Hacked !