Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oxygen sensor problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oxygen sensor problems

Hi I need some help everyone. My passenger side keeps eating oxygen sensors. I have replace it 3 times in three months. I'm stumped and it's becoming frustrating. Any ideas would be great. Also does anyone know the values I should get from the harness if trying to test it?
Info on the car is 1998 formula headers and lid only. It has been tuned. I have been replacing it with denso's sensors. Any help would be great.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Are you just replacing them due to codes? also dont think youll be able to get readings with a meter due to the fact that the 02 sensors are always switching and youre meter is not fast enough to catch it. you can check to see if there responding with a scanner or an o-scope. what do they look like when you replace them?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

No I have an areforce interceptor and I can watch the millivolts they just sit there at .030 and some times move to .100 but that's it. They will work fine switching from
.030 all the way up to .900 and then after a month they stop switching and just stay low a d they look perfect when I replace them they just stop working
Old 04-23-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Just tested the harness to the oxygen sensor and I have voltage at three of the four wires not sure if I should. Does anyone know?
Old 04-23-2011, 01:05 PM
TECH Resident

Well just tested the other side, and it has the same voltage at the three connections. So its back to not having any type of clue. I dont really burn any oil so contamination does not seem likly either. Its driving me crazy I can not keep replacing oxygen sensors every month.