Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my pcm dead?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is my pcm dead?

Before my header swap the car started dying whenever you would back out of it, even cruising though parking lots. I swapped haeders and built an X-pipe now it runs on about 6 cylinders, and afterfires through the exhaust because its so rich. This is what I have gathered from scanmaster:
MAF=2.0 at idle, never any lower
bank 1 O2 does not ever cycle stays at 277
bank 1&2 pulse width is anywhere from 6.9-15.3
Ltrms do not change they stay at 0
strms do not change they stay at 0
IAC, when trying to idle is down to 10 then up to 100
What is wrong, I have tried new O2 sensors, I have pulled intake and exhaust off so I could trace all of the wiring harness( everything looks fine) I have even tried reprograming with edit to make sure all the values were correct and it still does the same thing. For some reason has my pcm taken a dump or what could be the solution?
Old 02-22-2004, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

tried resetting the PCM? tried a big hammer? your MAF may be the culprit. will it idle at all?
Old 02-22-2004, 11:20 AM
wrencher

Check all the plugs & wires for the rough running, on 6 cyl.
What codes is it throwing?
The fuel trims are 0 cause it's in open loop, you need to figure out what is up with the O2's stayin' at 277 mv.
The idle problem may be a simple IAC problem or the like, I'd sort out the running problems first.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Teching In

It will idle for a few minutes, it runs ok above 1500rpms but below it will drop down to 500 then bounce back to 1000. It is like it can't find an idle point. It has new plugs and MSD wires, no more than 50 miles on them! It sets no trouble codes! The bank 2 O2 sensor cycles between 150-890, it is just the bank 1 that does not cycle. I checked the wiring harness plugs with a multi-meter and the bank 1 O2 sensor plug reads exactly the same as the bank 2 O2. I checked this with just the ignition on to make sure that there wasn't a closed circuit somewhere in the harness that maybe I missed but since it was the same on both sides I guess not. I'm not sure what to do next, maybe an Accell or FAST unit!