Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

high idle, tune related?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default high idle, tune related?

I did a 6 speed swap and had the shop that tuned my car originally (just bolt ons, a4) flash it to a 6 speed tune

ever since the swap I have had a high idle code. I've searched everywhere for a vacuum leak, tried 3 different IAC's and 2 TPS's, reset the tps, ran it with no MAF, pulled and reinstalled intake torquing to spec, capped off PCV system, capped off vacuum system from back of intake to HVAC, and still have the high idle

I don't know much about computers/tuning but is it possible that the idle is set high in the tune and the computer just doesn't know it? as in it thinks it's idling too high and throws the code because it's higher than stock even though it's set to idle higher?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Staging Lane

I know for a fact that LT1 PCM can be tuned to lower the idle RPM. But if your idle is too rough I'd start looking somewhere else.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Post the tun file and some data logs...Someone can take a look for problems.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:06 AM
TECH Regular

Something simple like running a lighter flywheel will throw off the stock tune's idle. I would suggest you get a reputable tuner to address this for you if you're not a tuner yourself.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

totally forgot I made this post, what about running a heavier clutch setup? my pressure plate is the same weight as the ls7 unit, is it possible that it thinks the engine is under some load and raises the idle a bit?