Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accel DFI problem:

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accel DFI problem:

Hi I'm running a 305 with a stroker kit bored .030 over (yes its a crappy motor, I know) Knowing I was going to be rock crawling I decided I needed an injection system, and chose the accel DFI system because it seemed to be the most user friendly. Now, up until last week I've had it running pretty good. It's the Gen 7 version with the manifold, throttle body, I also got the hall effect 'distributor' with the coil from accel and the ignition box from them as well.

Long story short, this past weekend I was racing it for the first time ever and it was running good. We cruised through a small mudhole at the bottom of a hill climb and We were doing well until we hit a tree at about 15 or 20 mph with the front passenger tire, blew the bead out bent the rim and royally screwed the steering. But the worst part now is that I cannot get this thing to start at all. it coughed once shortly after the hit but i've had nothing yet so far. I pulled the plugs it looks like it isn't getting fuel, I tried to ground the spark plugs, nothing. I hooked up my laptop to the ECM and still nothing, it looks like there's nothing wrong with it it's not putting up any codes or anything. All of my computer components are mounted up on the firewall as close to the top of the cowl as possible so as to avoid any water at all.

By the way, when I turn on the ignition the fuel pump does prime and the fan does start.

Any ideas as to what it could be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot guys!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have an RPM signal while cranking? Do you know if you have injector pulse, or spark? You've got to do some more of the basic diagnostic tests and post more specific info. Do you have power to the injectors? Do you have power to the coil? Have you checked the distributor to see if it got moved from the impact? Pull the cap and recheck the timing (red and blue lights inside)
Old 07-22-2011, 03:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok will do. No I haven't been able to check anything while cranking because I haven't had anyone here to help me but I will tomorrow. I will check those today as soon as I have time, I appreciate the help

No on the spark thats for sure. I was able to try checking for spark from the coil to the distributor cap at the race and there's nothing there.