PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailblazer ss pcm

Old 08-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trailblazer ss pcm

Hi everyone, I did a search and it yielded nothing. Hope someone here knows the answers. I have a drop out from a 2006 gto in my 78 Malibu I had the stock gto harness modded from Current Performance in FL. I am having some issues with the ac system. Basically the ac is commanded on by the bcm in a 2006 gto, the bcm and pim communicate with the pcm to let it know the ac is on and to compensate the idle. My problem is I dont have the pim or bcm, my ac works the same way it did in 1978. You turn on the switch, the pressure switch allows the system to start, and my fans kick on. Nothing here to raise the idle or compensate for the drag on the motor. I have heard rumors that the truck, or trailblazer pcm controls the ac similar to the ls1 style pcm. My main questions are, do the trailblazer ss and the 2006 gto share a similar pcm, are the wiring harnesses the same, and are they wired similar? Also, does the trailblazer ss pcm control the ac directly. If not is there a pcm out there that will do what I want without having to change wiring harnesses. Thanks everyone
Old 11-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Did you ever find this out?.

I'm searching what vehicles share the same PCM as my 06 TBSS
I want to do a mail in tune for a pcm but want to keep mine to go back to stock.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Teching In

I used a TBSS computer with my swap and it too communicates to the BCM for the A/C request signal which is then sent to the ECM.

As far as what vehicles use the same computer, the 05-06 GTO, 05-06 TB 5.3 and TBSS, and the 05-06 SSR are the only ones I know of.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to change the A/C Request type.
Older cars and trucks used a +12V signal from HVAC to PCM to request A/C activation. Newer ones send the request by serial data so a 12V signal won't work.
Which tuning software are you using?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trailblazer ss pcm