Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tripped a bunch of SES codes after !cats

Background of mods in order:
- Headers, catback, TSP catted Y-pipe, SLP Lid
- Dyno tune, including delete rear o2 and front o2 codes
- Removed AIR/EGR components (still no SES codes)
- Cut out bottom of air box (still no SES codes)

- 2 years after the last mod, I recently removed the cats and put TSP ORY on. Now its throwing the following codes:

P0154 - should be o2 sensor, but those code were deleted when it was tuned
P0300 - engine misfire, I did notice this one happening when the car was hot and I left it idling in park.
P1153 - my list says something about HO2S system, but I need interpretation
P1153P - not on my code list

Soooo I have no idea what is going on with the car. All that seems like a bit much from just removing the cats, particularly because I am confident the O2 sensor codes were deleted when it was tuned. Even the fronts.

My only idea is that since I did basically 3 mods to improve airflow (!AIR/EGR, Cut the air box, and !cats) maybe it is running really lean? The car runs fine as far as I can tell, other then the occasional stumble at idle.

Please help! My inspection sticker ran out last month and all they do in MA is scan the computer.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Launching!

have a the cats "rigged" back up temporarily, get it inspected then try an figure out the problems. thats probly the quickest/simplest way unless u send the computer back out to be checked. call PCMFORLESS in mooresville NC, they r pretty good about answering any questions u may have
Old 10-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Hello there I'm new on this site I just my first trans am it's a 98 the man told me the check eng. Light has never came on I have no cats or rear 02 he said it was tuned so the check eng. Light would not come on but it came on while driving it home bank 1 and 2 codes so I bought o2 delete sensors from afterthought auto and the codes still come on so what is my next step to take it to a speed shop ?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Front o2s

No telling on rear o2 sensors if you didn't tune them out yourself but the front o2s have to work for fuel management so if they are deleted you have some serious problems, at least as far as I know.