PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1810- Manifold Pressure Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1810- Manifold Pressure Switch?

What is the test/set parameters for this code? Had it pop up out the blue, not that most codes give a warning and scanned with the predator. At the same time, the ASR light was on after first starting up wihtout being able to turn it back on. Obviously I attribute the ASR fault to the DTC 1810. Thanks,

Charlie
Old 03-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Restricted User

Anyone???
Old 03-08-2004, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charlie,
P1810 refers to the TFP,transmission fluid pressure,sensor.It is mounted to the vavle body via 3 10mm head bolts & 2 8mm head bolts.The connetor has 5 wires going to it.On the underside you'll find 5 "pods" (pressure switches) which are contact switches that open or close from fluid pressure being directly routed to them from the vavle body depending on the manual lever position.The computer sees it kinda like a "hydraulic gear lever position sensor".It also contains the TFT or transmission fluid temp sensor,which is small but visible with the transmission pan off.
If you keep getting the intermittent 1810 just go ahead a replace the switch.The new ones are redesigned with a cover made into it for less chance of trash affecting operation.
Not sure about your ASR problem being the two are not tied together.Mine did that and the problem was the TPS control module.The module that controls the throttle cable motor.You acces it's code thru the ABS side.The module is located on the left side of the steering column under the dash lower panel.
Hope some of this helps.

Tony
Old 03-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Restricted User

Tony, thanks. I was thinking this is related to the MAP sensor or something. This is odd since I have replaced the trans not more than 5k miles ago, and replaced fluid and filter NMT 3k miles ago, probably both half of that. Maybe trans fluid is low? When I replaced the trans had to reuse my old tailshaft housing, and the old seal leaked a little???

The only time my ASR does this is when there is a DTC, like when I had problems with the MAP values, every time I knew before the light would come cause the ASR would get shut off and I would not be able to turn it back on. It did it with this 1810 code as well. Weird. Maybe its a "special" car! Again thanks a bunch, will check trans fluid again to make sure its good.

Charlie
Old 03-14-2004, 03:30 AM
Restricted User

Ok, think maybe the fluid was a little high causing the P1810, but will see. Checked the fluid and it was high, pumped some out, and will recheck.

Thanks again Tony.

Quick Reply: P1810- Manifold Pressure Switch?