PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you program Ls1 after Cam install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do you program Ls1 after Cam install?

Howdy yall.Im getting my Buddy to install my cam.But my friend has no experince with computer cars.Can some of yall give me some info.I havent decided what cam to get.I was thinking about getting a cam that wouldnt require tuning .But then relized that if im going to get my engine opened up I mite as well put a more performance cam..Could any of yall give me some INFO Thanks.
98 trans-am A4 3.23./Lid/LT/2.5INCH TRUE DUALS/Cutouts/suspension and chasis mods. all free mods.

Last edited by 9833211; 03-09-2004 at 04:45 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

with out knowing any thing about your ride, hard question to answer, mods? 6 spd or a4 ? I run stock heads,all bolt on's with stall and TEXAS SPEED 231/237 and use A-TAP and LS1EDIT for tuneing, if you go this way PM me and I may be able to suggest a little help with tune
good luck Johnny
Old 03-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Launching!

If you don't want to do the tune yourself, you could go with a mail order tune. If that interests you then you can go with a Predator programmer tool from a company that give you free custom tunes (PM me). I also read that one of the sponsors (I think Tbyrne) is doing mail order tunes by sending in your PCM to them. Just giving you other options. Most go with the Atap/LS1 Edit combo, but that cost too much for me at the time.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bill99hawk
If you don't want to do the tune yourself, you could go with a mail order tune. If that interests you then you can go with a Predator programmer tool from a company that give you free custom tunes (PM me). I also read that one of the sponsors (I think Tbyrne) is doing mail order tunes by sending in your PCM to them. Just giving you other options. Most go with the Atap/LS1 Edit combo, but that cost too much for me at the time.
Unfrotunatley they do not Make predator for 98.How do u take out your pcm?thanks.
98Trans-Am-3.23 A4-Lid/Lt/Trueduals/AllFreeMod/Suspension-Chasis mods-Verter and cam giong in after all info obtained.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 9833211
Unfrotunatley they do not Make predator for 98.How do u take out your pcm?thanks.
98Trans-Am-3.23 A4-Lid/Lt/Trueduals/AllFreeMod/Suspension-Chasis mods-Verter and cam giong in after all info obtained.
Oh man, I didn't see you have a 98. Taking out the PCM is pretty straight forward. In case you don't already know - the PCM is on the passenger side in the corner by the firewall. Here is a linked picture: PCM Picture

For the PCM mail order tune try out http://www.nelsonperformance.com/
EDIT SORRY BUT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THEY DO THE 98s or FBODYS either.

Last edited by bill99hawk; 03-13-2004 at 05:06 PM.

Quick Reply: How do you program Ls1 after Cam install?