Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pesky High Idle

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pesky High Idle

I have been been chasing this idle issue for almost a week now and I think its about time I get some other opinions before I start second guessing myself. On start up cold or hot the vehicle will idle around 1400 ~ 1800rpm, So my first reaction was ahhhh sonufabitch IAC went out. So one IAC later I was still having the same issue. Wooped out the good' ol tech2 and noticed at idle (once again only on start up before you move the car) the TP angle was reading at 2% which would work if it only did this on a cold start up while in closed loop. Just for shiggles replaced the TP sensor and cleaned the MAF and with no surprise it did nothing. So my next belief would be a vacuum leak right? Just want to make sure I am going about this a semi-correct way also to make sure I didnt over look something. After 3 smoke tests and coating the whole intake I did not find one single leak. I have no had a lean code yet either.

Now let me say this before I forget after I do drive the vehicle 200ft or so I get my idle right at 850 ~ 880rpm where it should be. Throttle body has been cleaned also. My question is what should be the next inspect? PCV not venting correctly? MAP vs. BARO readings? Everything is pointing towards a vacuum leak but I have yet to find one.

here are just some reading I pulled today that would make the think a lean/vacuum issue?
Engine during high idle:
RPM: 1600 - 1800
MAF: 12.98 - 13.66 g/s
TP angle: 2%
IAC position: 131 counts
Baro: 101 kPa MAP: 25 kPa
LT fuel trims: (B1 9%) (B2 19%)

I am not SUPER ASE technician but I do try to listen and take in as much information and help as possible.
Thanks!