Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autotap/Windows XP

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 06:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autotap/Windows XP

Have read in several different posts that the latest version of Autotap didnt work very well with XP. Is this true or is this old news and has it been fixed? That is what OS is on my laptop and I really don't want to buy autotap if it is going to be a huge headache and dropping the connection all the time. And for everyone that is going to say it...Yes, I would rather have EFI Live, but for the cost difference and for what I need it for, autotap will be fine for me.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Teching In

No ones had a problem with it? So it would be safe to go ahead and place my order???? Anyone...Anyone...
Old 03-09-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

That is the first time I've seen a post about this. But now that I think about it ever since I bought a new Dell Laptop with Windows XP I've had problems. I will be using the a-tap then all the sudden it will say it has lost it's connection to the vehicle. No matter what I do it will not reconnect again without closing A-tap and reopening it again. Then it will work fine for a while and do it again. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
Old 03-10-2004, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

TTT

Anybody????
Old 03-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Teching In

I've been running autotap2 and efilive on WinXP for a while now with no problems. Laptop I use for diagnostic and recording runs has XP and no problems. There are a couple of issues with efilive using the new USB connection (sometimes you have to connect a couple of times before it actually connects), but they are almost through with the fixes for that.

I also run efilive on my PC, which is also XP. Again, no problems.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had problems with the newest version. Just get the previous version. I've actually had the best luck with it and am considering downgrading myself (or upgrading to new software).
Old 03-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Yeah, I have heard the stuff about the newer version. I don't want to spend $200-300 and have the stuff crashing all the time.