PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

GEN7, HP Tuners etc...need an answer

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004 | 11:20 PM
Restricted User

Default GEN7, HP Tuners etc...need an answer

Will any of the software for programming show a "playback" mode of data saved like FAST does? My friend has FAST for his Dakota and after a run, he watches the timing Map which highlights his run and then he can simply use the playback to see where he needs to add timing or retard etc...same with fuel when compared to the wideband he can lean it out or fatten it up. Would be sweet if one of the newer systems was like this.

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2004 | 12:32 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Cat3, HP Tuners current scan tool does not show you exactly what timing value you need to change similar to a FAST setup. What you can do is use the saved log file and calculate the location of the value you need to change in your timing table using your logged air flow and RPM. It may seem a little complex but its not that difficult. We do provide you with a tools page within our editor where you can plug in your logged air flow value and RPM to obtain the correct grams/cyl value. You can then take the grams/cyl value and the RPM and find the cell in the table that applies to that instance of timing.

It sounds a little advanced, and it does take a little getting used to but you will get the hang of things after a while and will learn the ranges of cells that you will typically modify for various conditions.

In the future it is something we'd like to implement though. We feel it would be a very cool feature!
Old 03-11-2004 | 01:33 AM
Restricted User

Thats already a generation ahead of LShow-in-the-hell-do-I-know-what-to-change-without-an-indepth-owners-manual Edit. I hate having to "try this out and see what happens". Does HPT come with a manual worth reading or worth wiping with?
Tell me Magnus, the first time you looked at Edit, did you ask yourself "WTF?" what is a RAF and why do I need to change all three to remain in harmony? Or anything like that? I hope so and I hope you or whomever helped the LSx Community out by getting rid of some of the unnecessary stuff and explain the needed stuff.

Charlie