Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with LS1-Edit programmer

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with LS1-Edit programmer

Chevy Avalanche 2002, LM4 5.3l. Front mount Twin turbo, liquid intercooler, 43Lb injectors, upgraded submersed fuel pump, 2bar sensor, LS1-Edit programmer, FAST scanner, with dual wide bend O2 sensors.
Installation was completed simmer 2008. It is no issues at first start. Then it starts smoke show. I changed fuel rate on injectors to 180%, smoking dos not stop. I can work with tools, but I am not a car mechanic. I start this project only, because friend of mine rent the shop to build performance cars. This man build nice Z28, STI, my Avalanche was next… In any business you have to work hard, money and customers weren’t issue… So, make the story short- I had to finish this project.
Back to the smoke...Turbo oil return lines are plumed to valve covers, I decided to increase diameter of the tubing. I found local mechanic, hi does good work. At 2009 all parts was installed. Start the engine, no problem, but truck smokes. It is defiantly hi oil volume (¼ AN tubing). Then I crushed (not in Avalanche) and broke my ankles, knees, femurs and hip… Don’t drink and drive! (Joke- it is sport related injury). This spring mechanic start the truck and rod #8 went throws the block. May be too much fuel and it was hydraulic lock, or detonation? I check Air/Fuel ratio before =14.0 - 16.0.
Mechanic replace broken LM4 5.3L with LQ9 6.0L last week. I change cylinder volume from 0.6666 to 0.75, left injectors flow rate same (180% of stack 23.7lb). Start the engine and after several attempts, sound like broken road in #5…
I should flash my PCM and install 6.0L file first (can’t install PCM from 6.0L- my LS1-Edit “married” to Avalanche PCM).
Is anybody can explain me what I doing wrong? (“Get HP Tuner!”- this advice won’t work.)
Old 11-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think any programmer can help. I play with EFIlive programming- it is more user friendly, more detailed options, but editing same tables. Due to purchasing new engine and had to have extra cash for installation, I can't spent another $500 for HPtuner, or EFIlive. I heed an advice, what I have to change in PCM to start 6.0l engine safely. Or anybody have original file for LQ9, LQ4 for LS1-Edit. I can't replace PCM, due to 1 license LS1-Edit. To flash PCM by dealer it will cost same as buying a new HPTuner. Thank you.