Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PE table question....boosted applications

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PE table question....boosted applications

This is on a 98ls1 running 1bar sd tune. I know that upgrading to a 2.5/3 bar os offers a boost enrichment table. Most things ive read say that the PE table should be one number across the board. i have tuned my VE table up to about 3-3500 rpms. Im about ready to start getting into boost (4-6lbs). I log an a/f error histogram at a min of 50 hits. Now that makes it hard to log any upper rpms (especially a boosted 2 or 3 gear pull.) Shouldnt I set my PE numbers to start going up as boost kicks in???? as opposed to just one number across the board? Just thinking Im missing something here. Probably should just go ahead and upgrade the O/S 1st huh? I just hate guessing. Thanks!

Brandon
Old 12-17-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The BE table is not a must have. Your PE will not be the same across the board with a boosted setup. Set it to your desired NA a/f and then once boost comes in set it to your desired a/f example 12.7 upto 3200 rpm then 11.5 or what ever you choose to run. It is hard to get good high rpm data on the street without losing traction or doing 150 mph! Time to rent some dyno time.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:44 PM
2TR
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flame
The BE table is not a must have. Your PE will not be the same across the board with a boosted setup. Set it to your desired NA a/f and then once boost comes in set it to your desired a/f example 12.7 upto 3200 rpm then 11.5 or what ever you choose to run. It is hard to get good high rpm data on the street without losing traction or doing 150 mph! Time to rent some dyno time.
Absolutely spot on! Well said sir... You will be fine with your current tune setting at that boost level. A&A Corvette tune with Vortech supercharger in the repository doesn't even use a custom OS. Think about it!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At low boost levels, and on blower cars, you can usually get away with using the PE table - the problem is that the PE table is laid out by RPM, and boost is not always a direct correlation to RPM (more so on a turbo car)... if you do a pull in second gear, and then do one in fourth, you will find that the boost/RPM correlation will not be the same (on the street, track, or a load dyno)... When you go to a 2 Bar OS, you are setting your desired AFR based on MAP readings instead of RPM readings - makes for much better control, especially when you get into higher boost levels...

If you are running only 4 to 6 pounds, you will be fine doing it as stated above...