Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maf code

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maf code

i have a heads and cam camaro and im throwing a code for the maf sensor, ( if i remember right its 102), anyways, i looked it up in the tsb and its low frequency to the maf. when this happens, the tsb said that the car will revert to speed density to measure the airflow. before this, my car dyno'd 400 hp, and now im at 370. would the faulty maf be causing this drop and what should i do to fix the problem.

ps. i also have a code 803 which is 1-4 upshift solenoid, this was not in the tsb and i have no idea why its like that, what happens to the car, or how to fix it.

any resposes are appreciated.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSalvage
i have a heads and cam camaro and im throwing a code for the maf sensor, ( if i remember right its 102), anyways, i looked it up in the tsb and its low frequency to the maf. when this happens, the tsb said that the car will revert to speed density to measure the airflow. before this, my car dyno'd 400 hp, and now im at 370. would the faulty maf be causing this drop and what should i do to fix the problem.

ps. i also have a code 803 which is 1-4 upshift solenoid, this was not in the tsb and i have no idea why its like that, what happens to the car, or how to fix it.

any resposes are appreciated.
If you're running a K&N filter, pull the maf and spray the resistors inside it several times from 8-12 inches distance with QD Electronic Cleaner (made by CRC).

Oil from the K&N often finds it's way to the resistors coating them and you start throwing codes. From then on, clean it the same way every 2 oil changes.

If your not running a K&N then maybe the maf itself is bad...