Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does HPTuners transfer credits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default does HPTuners transfer credits?

I had my car tuned by a local guy here, and paid for the credits, but he sorta just quit doing it, and I'm getting my car tuned by a friend in Ohio (where I'm doing my heads and cam) and am curious if I can get my credits transferred to my friends HPTuners box without having to purchase new credits.

Thanks team!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RADEoN
I had my car tuned by a local guy here, and paid for the credits, but he sorta just quit doing it, and I'm getting my car tuned by a friend in Ohio (where I'm doing my heads and cam) and am curious if I can get my credits transferred to my friends HPTuners box without having to purchase new credits.

Thanks team!
No. Credits are assigned to the interface cable, not the customer, or PCM. If your new tuner does not have unlimited year/model, you will need to pay for them again.

If it's your friend, and all your paying for is your credits, be thankful. If you took it to a new tuner, you would be paying full price for a new tune. A new tuner is not going to give you an automatic discount because you paid someone else for a tune/credits.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah i was just curious if i could get the credits from his interface cable transferred to the new guys.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RADEoN
yeah i was just curious if i could get the credits from his interface cable transferred to the new guys.
No. It doesn't work like that. They're not your credits, they belong to the cable/interface. Don't think of it as something you own, because it's not. I don't price out credits separately. The cost of a tune is the cost of a tune. If I have to buy credits, I make a little less profit. If I don't, I make a little more.

Quick Reply: does HPTuners transfer credits?