PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maf, open loop tuning, which tables, 95 OBD1 using tunercat.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maf, open loop tuning, which tables, 95 OBD1 using tunercat.

This is for a '95 OBD1 pcm using tunercat. After reading numerous threads I am more confused than ever. I am trying to tune my car using the maf in open loop only using my wideband sensor. I thought I would use the "maf calibration tables" for idle and partial throttle driving. Then use the "% change to afr vs cool. temp at wot" with the "% change to afr vs rpm at wot" to tune wot. I heard these are the power enrichment tables.

Well after reading to much threads I have heard that in maf open loop tuning you need to use the "afr vs cool. temp vs map" to tune wot because supposedly maf open loop tuning won't use the power enrichment tables. Not sure if any of this is true but can anyone help me.

Which tables are effective at doing what if anything in Maf Open Loop Tuning?
1. maf calibration tables
2. % change to afr vs cool. temp at wot" with the" % change to afr vs rpm at wot (power enrichment tables)
3. afr vs cool. temp vs map table

Idle should use -
Partial throttle (cruising) should use-
Wot should use -
Old 02-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you already have the PCM setup in open loop, all you have to do is make a change to your PE table, and see if it makes a difference in your WOT A/F and in the inj PW. Then you'll know if the % change to A/F vs RPM works in open loop or not.

Quick Reply: Maf, open loop tuning, which tables, 95 OBD1 using tunercat.