Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPP3 Weird results

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPP3 Weird results

So my car got a custome tune with a HPP3 tune installed in it also about 2 years ago. So i got the bright idea to take off the Hypertech programming so I can sell it to someone with less mods. I went to change the 02sensors, swap for fresh plugs,and reset the HPP3 back to stock so I can unlock it and now my car runs like crap on open loop then it settles when it goes into closed loop. I also got a P0300 code and now its trying to read the aftercat 02 sensors also and giving me the code for it. I had those 02s deleted with the tune. So it leads me to think that the Hpp3 did an overide to the custom tune. What do you guys think?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You put it back to the stock tune...
Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

It has been years sence I were in that boat, tring to remenber just how I did i what ever it was it woked perfic. I was running HPP3 and my home tune with LS1EDIT, I think I read the PCM with both HPP3 and LS1EDIT tune installed, save this read as
" BOTH" then unload HPP3 ( UNLOCK) after which reflashed the PCM with saved file "BOTH" then sold the unlocked HPP3, person who bought the HPP3 was happy and I was happy with my upload of file "BOTH"
good luck IT can be done
Johnny
Old 02-22-2012, 01:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
You put it back to the stock tune...
Yes through the hpp3 . So that I could unlock it n sell it. But it made it go completely back to stock from my guess . It runs like it did before it got tuned .
Old 02-22-2012, 01:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS SLP2
It has been years sence I were in that boat, tring to remenber just how I did i what ever it was it woked perfic. I was running HPP3 and my home tune with LS1EDIT, I think I read the PCM with both HPP3 and LS1EDIT tune installed, save this read as
" BOTH" then unload HPP3 ( UNLOCK) after which reflashed the PCM with saved file "BOTH" then sold the unlocked HPP3, person who bought the HPP3 was happy and I was happy with my upload of file "BOTH"
good luck IT can be done
Johnny
I dont think I can do that because i don't have tuning software . I'll try to send it back to stock again and see if it works. Sucks that i paid for a tune for nothing. And there's no way I'm going back to the same tuner either because I wasn't happy with his tune.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wicked-98
Yes through the hpp3 . So that I could unlock it n sell it. But it made it go completely back to stock from my guess . It runs like it did before it got tuned .
When you connect the HPP3 and tell it to go back to stock, it overwrites the tune in the car with the stock tune that is in the HPP3... so, yes, you overwrote your custom tune and lost it...
Old 02-23-2012, 03:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
When you connect the HPP3 and tell it to go back to stock, it overwrites the tune in the car with the stock tune that is in the HPP3... so, yes, you overwrote your custom tune and lost it...
that freakin blows!!! the god damn tuner said it wouldn't matter if I had it on or took it off

Quick Reply: HPP3 Weird results