PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about new tuning and mods.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about new tuning and mods.

When I purchased my car it had been tuned for the mods done, but I have no idea what software was used. My question is, my rear end is coming in next week and has 3.90's, I'm removing the AIR and EGR this weekend as well and want to have everything updated so I have no CEL's and the speedo will read right. If I use a different software to make these changes will it mess up what has already been done? Also, my T/A is a 98, but was told it had a ECU from a 02. Any sure fire way to confirm this?
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to add, can the ABS light be disabled through the ecu? I'm deleting the abs with SJM's kit when the rear comes in.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use any software to pull the tune out and modify it - that will not change what was previously done to the tune... and you can look at the properties of the tune when you pull it to determine which OS and year it is.

The ABS light can not be disabled by the PCM - best way to get rid of the light after a delete is to pull the cluster and unsolder the LED from the back side of the circuit board and take it out...