Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOT timing at 15*...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question WOT timing at 15*...

Yes, I've seen the other posts with similar problems. Bear with this ATap newbie for a minute. The car is the dreaded '98 M6, 5.3 heads, 224/224/114 cam, FLP long tubes. My tuner was seeing the WOT knock retard and crappy timing when we were on the dyno after heads/cam/headers install. (An install that included new plugs/wires/injectors, too). We determined it was false knock and he copied the high octane tables over the low octane tables for me.

Now it's about five months later and I finally picked up a laptop and Autotap... and my first WOT runs are showing 3-4* KR and crappy timing. If my low octane tables have indeed been overwritten, how is it that I'm seeing such poor advance?

I have attempted to attach a word doc with the numbers from my WOT run... I'd be much obliged if anyone would take a look and let me know what they think... and also let me know exactly which parameters I should be logging.

Thanks a lot,

Rich
Attached Files
File Type: doc
wot1.doc (53.0 KB, 147 views)
Old 03-23-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Honestly, it looks as though your timing is set awfully low to begin with. Even a high compression street motor on pump gas (ie 11.7:1 to 12:1) should not have timing that low)

If you have the dreaded 98 false knock either change your knock sensors or disable your knock retard.

Good Luck
Old 03-23-2004, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very interested if other '98 owners who have had their low octane tables overwritten have seen this problem... Anyone????