Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking about buying a tuning program *BEGINNER*

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default thinking about buying a tuning program *BEGINNER*

so i live in a small town with no tuners and hours away from a good one. i was thinking about a full tuning suite i.e. hptuners or efilive to minor adjustments. i am buying a car that was tuned in california and was also conservatively tuned at 12.8 afr, not sure about timing. well i have plans for it in the future to change stock fbody maf to 85mm, mamofied 102 and have him work over the afr 205's, and go bigger with the primaries to 1 7/8. here is the current mod list:

LQ4 block
AFR mongoose 205's milled to 59cc
Comp 224 cam 114 lsa on xer lobes at .581 lift
BBK 1 3/4 LTs
BBK ORY
BBK 85mm intake
BBK fuel rails
FAST 36 lb. inj.
Manton chromoly pushrods
LS7 lifters
LS2 timing chain
LS6 oil pump
Hypertech 160 degree t-stat
Magnaflow cat-back
Nology hotwires
NGK tr55 plugs
Volant CAI

Put down 446 whp, 416 wtq on stock 10 bolt, dynojet, and 18's. Tuned by cunningham motorsports in CA. I know this beast is capable of 500whp and have every intention of getting there. i already bought a lc-1 wideband and looking into an aeroforce interceptor guage also. i have ZERO tuning back ground aside from a maf translator to get the car to idle then driveable. being far away from a tuner and i am only looking into doing minor tuning (maf, afr, timing) with slight adjustments or even just leave the maf alone altogether, would a tuning suite be beneficial for the mods i have planned in the future.