Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What CEL codes for no cats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What CEL codes for no cats?

Going to be purchasing an '02 TA this weekend, car has full exhaust (AR longtubes, AR off-road y-pipe, Borla exhaust) and because of that it throws the CEL. The car also doesn't have EGR anymore, if that matters. What I'm wondering is, what CEL codes should pop up because of this? Going to be bringing a scanner with me to see if there are any codes that it throws that doesn't have to do with the emissions. As soon as I get the car back to NY I will have the codes taken care of, but I want to see if the car has any other issues that will throw the CEL. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...look-here.html
Old 03-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the link, but I'm more asking if anyone can name the codes I should be looking for that pertain to this. I'm not sure how many codes will show up, and don't want to sit there while I'm looking at the car when I pick it up looking up all the codes while the seller waits there. Just seeing if anyone can name the codes that should show up with the car, so I can see if there is anything out of the ordinary.

Also, Mike at New Era Performance said he could take care of the codes for me no problem. Good stuff!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Anything that says "bank x sensor 2" is going to be catless related. Keyword there being "sensor 2"
Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks man, that'll help. Getting the car early tomorrow, hope it all goes well.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

By the way, '02's didn't have EGR to begin with, but it did have the AIR system. If it has been removed because of the headers, that will cause a CEL as well.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I realized that after reading up some more. It had like 5 O2 sensor codes, skip shift code, a MAF sensor code and the AIR system code. Mike at New Era Performance cleared and deleted all the codes for me, so now I just need to get new tire and I should be good for inspection. No new SES light after about 100 miles, so I think I'm in the clear.

Quick Reply: What CEL codes for no cats?