Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need a Tune

I'm in the process of modifying the LQ4 in my 2007 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 Classic. I have allready lifted it 6", put 35" tires on it, installed 4.88 gears, put dual cat back exhaust, put a CIA on, and had the truck tuned at a local shop. I am adding a cam (220/218 .581/.562 111LSA), heads (799's allready milled .020'', and going out in the mail tomorrow to AI for some work), long tube headers, off road y pipe, and 8.1 truck injectors (doing all the work myself).

Now for some questions:

1- Do I install the 8.1 injectors right away, or do I drive it with the stock injectors to the shop and have them change them out and then tune it?

2- Can a company like BBP make a tune for me that will get the truck running well enough with the 8.1 injectors, that I can drive it for a while to log some data and send the ecm back to them for a final tune?

3- Should I install a Wideband Air Fuel Gauge?

4- Should I just buy an HP Tuner kit and learn how to do it myself?

5- If I do buy a kit from HP Tuners, should I get the standard or professional kit?

6- What litterature should I buy to learn how to tune myself?

Sorry for so many questions, but I do appreciate your time!!! I am trying to stay away from having the local shop tune my truck again, but will if it's my best option. I think that they are capable of tuning my truck well, but are too buisy to take the time to tune the truck like it should be. The tune I have now is decent, but it could be a LOT better. Thanks again!!