Sponsored by:

data logging - autocal

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default data logging - autocal

Hey guys,

I have been looking for some basic information on how to log some runs with the autocal. I have found alot of info but not what I am looking for. Things like:

Does it matter what order you do things in, like, should the car be running before you plug in the laptop and autocal? Should I already have the EFI software running on my laptop? Does it matter????

Seems like I read somewhere that you should plug the autocal into the laptop and then the laptop into the ODB II port.

Anyway, ANY tricks, tips etc.. would be appreciated.

I really don't want to screw up anything with my cars computer.

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You would first plug the AutoCal into your PC/laptop to configure it (using the V8 S&T software);

then you would take the AC to your vehicle (i.e. leave the laptop behind)... you can now read the tune from the PCM, and you can log; (it doesn't matter what order you plug in and turn on, AC figures it out);

then you would take the AC back to your laptop/PC and upload the tune/log files for analysis/editing.

Note however that AC has no input for logging your wideaband.

AutoCal is designed for mail order or remote tuning (your tuner or head/cam seller sends it to you with a tune on it, you flash it to your PCM and send it back, you keep your PCM)... if you want to tune yourself you should really get the FlashScan... (AC is a subset of FS).
Old 06-20-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you have an AutoCal, then come to the efilive forum and we'll square you away.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply joecar.

I have the PIDs I want to moniter (except for wideband and fuel pressure) set-up but some reason I was thinking you needed the AC and the laptop to record.

I have done a good bit of reading on the EFI forum and fishtuning, but haven't joined. It has me a little neverous, I just want to make sure I do everything properly.

Thanks again.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sure, no worries.

Quick Reply: data logging - autocal