PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calling all tuners something is wrong i need help!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronz3900
but 02 go rich
NB02's cannot be used for tuning, they don't work that way. Different type of sensor compared to wideband.

Why replace the ECU without first returning it to stock. Whatever your mods, at least the car will be driveable the way you drove it in. Then you'll know if you have an ECU problem. If end up getting a stock replacement ECU, like from salvage, just put it in and drive the car so you have a baseline.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
Find a reputable tuner...
^ this..

at this point i would think him saying that the ecu was bad was just a way of him making excuses for what a **** tuner he is. id go get my money and go elsewhere. you may have to go to the other tuner first to back up your claims.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get with SSpdDmon and have him log it and pull the tune... It is impossible to diagnose this with the limited information you have posted. If he pulls the tune and posts it up here, I'm sure we can tell you right away if you are dealing with someone who knows what they are doing... my guess is no.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What are your cam specs? The P0101 Maf Performance code fix is to either tune the VE table or raise the Max Delta Airflow - P0101 table by 10% at a time.

The P0106 Map code is caused by a camshaft that increases the Map pressure vs TPS over the the table value. Just raise the P0106 Error Map Calculated Max table to be slightly higher than your scanned Map vs TPS.

What is your idle Map Kpa?

Russ Kemp
Old 07-10-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you're stuck in FTC cell 21 (DFCO), then check TPS and MAP for correct operation.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:51 PM

got the data you requested

engine idling

rpm 1062
maf 15.3 g/s witch seems really really high to me
map 20.97
tps 0 %

i know the map and maf and tps sensors are good i scoped them

weather they are adjusted or rescaled properly is beyond me thats the tuners job

i would love to have this tuned inspected it is unlocked but when i asked that question of weather it was locked or unlocked the owner informed me that if anyone else touchs it hes gonna was his hands of this car. sounds fishy so a week from today it will be there i will be present and with all the reading i have done and all the help from all the knowlegable people on this site i will go there with some great questions and knowledge of what should be happening. so please if u have anymore questions or advice you can share with me please do. knowledge is power
Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM

also i do plan on keeping my so called bad ecu if i cant prove that its the tune before next wensday. data is limeted i agree it is near impossible to diagnose.

but if i look at how far i have came alrready it points to the problem....

what we know already is that the maf map and tps etc sensors are good ive proved that and i know that its not swicthing cells its stuck in 20-21 21 most of the time and thats not correct we know that. i want to get a good things that are wrong list and possible why they are wrong list so i can be educated when i go back. its a game of catch ya now?
Old 07-11-2012, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronz3900
got the data you requested

engine idling

rpm 1062
maf 15.3 g/s witch seems really really high to me
map 20.97
tps 0 %

i know the map and maf and tps sensors are good i scoped them

What is the units of MAP (is it inHg...?)...?

Did you sweep the throttle while observing TPS on your Genisys...?
Did you observe MAP reading same as BARO at koeo, and then with engine running does MAP respond to throttle opening...?

i.e. are TPS and MAP show correct dynamic values...?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to Vector also and all I will say is stay away from them. Steve was my tuner and he did some underhanded **** and charged me for a "full tune". I found out later that all he did was raise my timing two degrees at WOT and adjust my throttle body for cold idle. Believe me my car needed WAY more than that.