PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idle issue...

Old 07-13-2012, 06:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default idle issue...

ok.. so my car has been having an issue where it will either not idle what so ever or it will idle at 2500 rpm... when i started it earlier it would not idle at all, even giving it gas it had real trouble and would cam surge like no other... after driving for a little bit it slowly got better.. after a good handful of lights back to back it eventually started to idle without me having to use the pedal to keep it from stalling... it idles perfectly at this point. i eventually got to my destination and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes, i start it up hot this time and it instantly goes to 2000 rpm in neutral and about 1400 in gear... (th400). the whole drive home it does this...

i've already swapped the idle air and nothing.. when it did this in the past i replaced the tps and nothing... i've swapped 02's when its done this and nothing.. it's been an on and off issues for a long time, it seems worse being in this heat right now though.

any idea's? i'm trying to solve this without having to get a hold of a tuner like hp tuners or efi live but if its an issue inside the ecu i will have someone look at it.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check for vacuum leaks, and re-torque the intake manifold. If that does not solve it, then you'll need to pull a log file to actually see what the car is doing vs what the pcm is commanding. I'm betting on bad intake seals or a loose intake....
Old 07-15-2012, 12:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Without scanning it with something, efi,hpt, tech II your just going to be pissing in the wind. It could be almost anything, get it scanned and save alot of time and headache.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks, whatever it is, it's definitely electrical or a sensor. I can drive fine for 2 hours, but the second I turn it off and start it warm/hot it will do a high idle.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has it ever been tuned by anyone?
Old 07-28-2012, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Yes, tune is not the issue. It is something electrical to do with temperature. For now it is fixed... But we shall see how long that lasts.. I went through wiring, sensors, cleaned everything, redid a lil wiring and unplugged the ecu and battery in hope something would fix it and it worked, not sure which haha. I basically did everything I can without being able to hook up a tuner.

Search this Thread