Sponsored by:

need tuning help asap :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need tuning help asap :(

Hi guys,
I have a efi live tuned c6 corvette A6 that was tuned remotely via autocal. Is it possible to overwrite an hp tuner tune over the existing efi live.ctd tune files without first reflashing the ecm/tcm back to stock at a dealership?
I have the original stock tune files but I keep getting an error $0331 out of range no matter what I do/try. This error was popping up last summer when i was flashing the ecm/tcm. I eventually got it to work by using the autocal as a passrthru and flashing with the ehi live scan n tune. i'm suppose to drop my car off today for a dyno tune on for my poted fast intake manifold. thanks in advance!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

$0311

Mode Not Supported ($11)

The controller does not support the requested OBD mode. If you receive this error when attempting to start Black Box Logging, try setting the device setting: “Skip PID validation prior to starting Black Box Logging.” (aka “Skip Vfy”). That will prevent $0311 errors that occur during PID verification from preventing BBL from starting.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

You or your tuner (who sent you the AutoCal) may have to update your AutoCal with latest firmware and latest definitions/scripts.

This is best done by visiting the EFILive forum.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm actually trying to reflash back to the stock ecm/tcm files. I did update the autocal to the latest firmware as well as the efi scan n tune suite since everything else I tried didn't work. Now the scan n tune wont recognize the ctd files so I need to convert to ctz format. I couldn't find out how to do that on the efi forum or web. I tried renaming the ctd files .ctz but didn't work. Is there a simple way to convert to ctz from ctd for a dummy like me to undestand?

My former tuner has stopped using autocal so there really is no support from them anymore.thanks Joecar!

Last edited by gymratt; 07-18-2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just take it to your new tuner, and see what he says. Flashing over it with HPtuners should not be a problem.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gymratt
I'm actually trying to reflash back to the stock ecm/tcm files. I did update the autocal to the latest firmware as well as the efi scan n tune suite since everything else I tried didn't work. Now the scan n tune wont recognize the ctd files so I need to convert to ctz format. I couldn't find out how to do that on the efi forum or web. I tried renaming the ctd files .ctz but didn't work. Is there a simple way to convert to ctz from ctd for a dummy like me to undestand?

My former tuner has stopped using autocal so there really is no support from them anymore.thanks Joecar!
Too bad about your old tuner.

Two comments:
- after flashing in the new firmware into your AutoCal, you also have to program in the new updated BBx scripts/definitions;
- the new V8 software has a tool for converting all your .ctd files into .ctz files;

do what Ed said.

Quick Reply: need tuning help asap :(