PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help, fried injector outputs!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help, fried injector outputs!

Hey guys, first off thanks for any help.

Ok so I own the Subaru WRX with a LQ4 6.0 swap. The engine has a ton of LS1 stuff on it, Magic Stick 4 cam, Fast 92mm manifold, 92mm throttle body, ls1 returnless fuel system, ls1 pcm from 99-02. I was installing a set of FAST fuel rails and the O-Rings kept popping off but anyways, I ended up spraying liquid into the fuel injector harness for one side of the engine. It was not currently fused so as a result all the FUEL INJECTOR OUTPUTS for 2,4,6,8 are friend in the PCM. I bought the car tuned, and it's hard to get a hold of the previous owner.

I am trying to figure out how I can keep the tune that is on the car right now. Is there a way to repair the injector outputs? Can I buy a new PCM , somehow SAVE the tune on the old PCM, and upload it to the new PCM? Do I need to know what tuner, or program was used to tune the current PCM? THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!
Old 09-01-2012, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could physically repair the outputs if I knew what they looked like. I have several old ECMs laying in my shop that I could scavenge parts from. If that is something that you wanted to try.

Charlie
Old 09-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Teching In

I'm am for sure interested, can you PM me a number to possibly give ya a call?
Old 09-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Still trying to figure out if I can plug a tuner into my obd port and it will store the current tune?//
Old 09-01-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You can try HPT or EFI Live and see if you can do a "read entire." You would have to license it to use it..
Old 09-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Teching In

I'm coming from an import background and unfamiliar with any of that, could you give me a quick rundown of what I need to do? Is it possible for me to license it?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by csramotorsports
I'm coming from an import background and unfamiliar with any of that, could you give me a quick rundown of what I need to do? Is it possible for me to license it?
If you want to tune your car, the cheapest way is to buy HPTuners tuning suite. It comes with 8 credits included. One vehicle needs 2 credits to be tuned for N/A and 4 credits for turbo setups.
So, you can tune 4 N/A PCMs or 2 FI PCMs with no additional cost.
Regular price of HPTuners is $499 for standard interface and $649 for Pro interface ( I advice to go Pro).

When you have HPTuners do this:

1-Read the tune file from the damaged PCM and save it to a file (don't license it).
2-Buy a new PCM, read the stock tune, license it and save it to a file.
3-Copy all the parameters from old file to the new one, save it with a new name
4- Flash the modified tune to the new PCM.

It takes less than 15 min to do all this

If you don't want to do your own tuning, send the damaged PCM to somebody who sells PCMs, have him copy the tune and VIN to the new one. It should cost you only the price of the new PCM and shipping
Old 09-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Wow. You know, I have a 800+hp r32 gtr skyline and a few other imports, and growing up in the tuning scene I got a lot of hate from the V8 guys, that always left a bitter taste in my mouth.

It's posts like yours MontecarloDrag that really open my eyes to how cool this community really is. Thank you so much
Old 09-03-2012, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent. I might be able to do the PCM tune swap also. Just give me a call
Old 09-04-2012, 04:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by csramotorsports
Wow. You know, I have a 800+hp r32 gtr skyline and a few other imports, and growing up in the tuning scene I got a lot of hate from the V8 guys, that always left a bitter taste in my mouth.

It's posts like yours MontecarloDrag that really open my eyes to how cool this community really is. Thank you so much
Glad to be of help

Quick Reply: Need help, fried injector outputs!