PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

start stall below 100 degrees coolant temp.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default start stall below 100 degrees coolant temp.

Hi everyone!
I have been battling a swap I did this last year to get some tuning work done. I can start and drive it but for some reason when the engine coolant temp is below 100 degrees it acts like it has pass lock enabled. You start it it fires right up and there is nothing you can do to keep it running. at best you can get 2 seconds. I was logging this morning during it and found it did this until the pcm read 102 degrees. It then started and I was able to rev it and run it. I switched on the electric water pump and it dropped coolant temps down to 94 and it stalled out again and would not stay running until I hit over 100 degrees yet again. At this point I decided it has to be something in my tune. Here is my scan, configuration, and tune. ignore the fuel pressure. I have not yet ran the wiring to the eio plug. I should mention I am running 3 bar sd. The vehicle is a heads and large boost cam lq9 with a turbo and stock throttle body.Even if i start it and hold the throttle open it revs up like its runing fine then dies right out. I pulled the throttle body and checked the iac to make sure everything is working on that and its all good. Something is for sure killing fuel because if I play with the throttle it will run for 3 seconds versus 2. The initial start ups I can rev it to 4k no problem smooth but it just cuts out and dies after about 2 seconds. vats is disabled. The dash is all autometer gauges and led lights for important bulbs like high beam, turn signal and check engine. I doubt that has anything to do with it since at 100 degrees it starts idles drives and revs no problem. HELP! I attached my tune and latest data log. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the situation.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
start stall till warm.hpl (63.4 KB, 78 views)
Old 09-08-2012, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone? Maybe this is harder than I thought.

Quick Reply: start stall below 100 degrees coolant temp.