Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wideband?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wideband?

i'm working my way thru ls1-tech. engine,trans,and rearend,i've built my car thru all of you knowledgable peoples suggestions and am having a blast! now it's time for me to learn about tuning so bear with me. got a great dyno tuner available close so all is good,but i'm lacking the area's of tuning. my question is what is wideband? can i install? i've done all my other wrenching so can one or more of you smart peeps help an old man out?? is wideband a monitor for air/fuel ratio? can i install it? besides the tune? i don't have the time or math skills to understand tuning. algorithms,logorithms, they give me an anyurism! most anything mechanical i can figure out .any help or direction to info or stickies would be greatly appriciated. the oldman...
Old 09-24-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

So you know the O2 sensors in the exhaust pipe? A wide band is just like that. The O2 you have now are narrow band and switch at 14.7 air/fuel. They go from hi to low like a digital signal. A wide band puts out a a signal that will tell you what the air/fuel ratio is from 10 to 20. That way you can set wide open throttle at 12.9.

So the wide band is just the sensor and the electronics. Look for LM1 or LM2 wide band in Google.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

so it's just as i thought it's a separate monitoring system? i weld in a separate bung in exaust? where? which header? clock position in header for best monitor? lm1 and lm2 is that an assembly? guess i have to look . thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

looked at the site, not much i can add to that. thanks for the info. the great minds of the ls1 tech community has done it again!! thanks, the oldman....

Quick Reply: wideband?