PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS adjustment with volt meter & tuning question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got done with the dyno today and this car feels totally different. No more having to keep my foot on the gas to avoid stalling at every stop light, tb problems gone, idle fixed. Surging is 99.9% gone, feels great. Car seems "sharper" and more responsive. They took a lot of time to get it as good as possible. 6.5 hours later and 3/4 of a tank emptier and all is good. Unfortunately when I was almost home I noticed that my fuel gauge was moving all over if I turned the car, or gunned it or stopped hard. Looks like an angle finder. I highly doubt it has to do with the tune since all it did was go around the parking lot for 30 mins, and then 6 hours on the dyno. Very odd because it wasn't like that on the way there when I filled up this morning. Any ideas? if it's the leveling arm in the tank I at least have a trap door to save time. Here's a vid:

Old 10-17-2012, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have nearly the same problem you were having but on a NW 102 throttle body and a brand new TPS. My question is, what do you mean by slotting? If you have any pictures that would be great.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sube
I have nearly the same problem you were having but on a NW 102 throttle body and a brand new TPS. My question is, what do you mean by slotting? If you have any pictures that would be great.
the 2 holes that are on the TPS that attach to the side of the throttle body are the holes people are refering to. They are elongating those 2 holes to give the sensor a range of motion that it previously didn't have. This is the best I can do for a pic at the moment, but it should help. Ignore the bolts, just look at the 2 holes on your TPS sensor being elipses instead of a perfect hole.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you adjusting the TPS with the key in the on position and car off or car on? reason I ask is i get .608v when car is off and .825 when car is on and don't know why. i have a stumble and I'm trying ot get rid of it. sorry to high jack your trend
Old 10-22-2012, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by old93camaro
are you adjusting the TPS with the key in the on position and car off or car on? reason I ask is i get .608v when car is off and .825 when car is on and don't know why. i have a stumble and I'm trying ot get rid of it. sorry to high jack your trend
I have always checked it with the key on, engine off. No apologies needed, it just adds info that could possibly help someone with the same problem in the future.

Quick Reply: TPS adjustment with volt meter & tuning question...